How to lodge a claim on an Old Mutual Life Insurance Policy
- Telephonically: Contact the Old Mutual Life Team on 0860 111 023.
- Email: email@example.com
Important information to keep in mind
- Representatives, who currently do not meet the minimum experience and/or qualification requirements as required by the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services (FAIS) Act, provide financial services under management supervision as provided for in the FAIS Act.
- Old Mutual has professional indemnity cover in place and accepts responsibility for the financial advice provided by its representatives, acting within the scope and course of their employment.
- Consultants have received specialised product and financial services training allowing them to provide financial services in respect of long-term insurance category A and B1 products. They specialise in direct life insurance products and do not provide wider ranging financial advice.
- Old Mutual Life representatives are mandated agents of Old Mutual. The representatives earn monthly salaries that are performance-based and dependent on volume and Single Premium Value.
- Old Mutual offers pure life, disability and dread disease products. These are risk products only and do not contain surrender values.
- For legal purposes, all telephone calls with Old Mutual Representatives are recorded and form part of your contract with Old Mutual.
- If the information above was given orally, it must be confirmed in writing within 30 days and you will be informed of any material changes to the information referred to above.
- You must read through all documentation forwarded to you to ensure that you understand the contents thereof.
- You are entitled to receive a copy of the policy document free of charge.
- Your policy document contains the name, class and type of policy.
- Old Mutual must inform you in writing before the cancellation of your debit order.
- The premium payable and the due date (collection date) are contained in your Policy Schedule. Non-payment of premiums may lead to your cover being suspended or your policy being cancelled. Please refer to the General Terms & Conditions in your Policy Schedule and Policy Terms & Conditions for further information.
- If your insurance is cancelled for any reason, you will be given written notice informing you of such cancellation.
- Polygraph or any lie detector tests are not obligatory, and claims may not be rejected solely on the basis of the failure of such tests.
- You will be given reasons in writing for the rejection of any claim submitted by you.
The insurer: Old Mutual
The Old Mutual Life policy is underwritten and issued by Old Mutual Life Assurance Company (South Africa) Limited (Reg. No. 1999/004643/06) is a Licensed Financial Services Provider (FSP Licence No. 703).
Contact details – Old Mutual Life Insurance team
Old Mutual Life
75 Helen Joseph
Old Mutual Life
PO Box 1120
Old Mutual is an authorised financial services provider, licensed to provide advice and render intermediary services on long-term insurance category A and B1.
Contact details – Old Mutual
Jan Smuts Drive
PO Box 66
- It is critical that you make sure that the product meets your needs and that you have all the necessary information you need to make an informed decision.
- Consider the possible impact of a policy on your finances, other policies and investment portfolio.
- Remember to ask about the flexibility of your policy.
- Keep all documents given to you.
- Make notes of what is said to you and where necessary ask for written confirmation and/or copies of documents to be emailed to you.
- Don’t be pressurised into buying the product.
- Failure to provide correct or full relevant information may influence the decision of the Insurer on any claims arising from your contract of insurance.